Monday, March 19, 2012

Seven Years......March 15, 2012




                                         If I had my choice
                                         Of daddies in a line
                                         I'd step right up and pick you out
                                         And say that you were mine.

                                          And so I'm glad 
                                          That when I came
                                          To Earth like all the rest
                                          Heavenly Father chose the Dad
                                           He knew I'd love the best.




I sure do miss my Dad.   It doesn't seem like seven years have passed since he was called home.  I know
he must be very busy and doing his part to build the Kingdom of God and I know he must be very happy
doing it.

How I have missed our chats about genealogy.  I am sure if I could get myself working in it again some way he would whisper to me which way to look.   How I long to see his sparkling eyes and the grin he always wore.  I loved his quiet moods too, when he would be in deep thought.  He always thought things through.

I miss his little songs that he would make up out of the blue.  The way he played little jokes and pranks to make you laugh out loud.  I miss his cooking, he had that magic touch of trying things that were new, and
most of the time they turned out great, except that mexican stew.........

I hope he's there when my time has come, to help me pass the vial , to see his friendly and loving face.  To put my fears away, I hope that I can do that.  I know with his help and Mom's it will be much easier to join them.


                                         

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a nice tribute mom!

kelley said...

lovely, that last paragraph sounded almost like a poem.

Leslie said...

Very nice!

carol daniels said...

It hardly seems like dad has been gone that long. I miss him, too. It seems just like yesterday I saw him leaning back in his chair, end of glasses in mouth, at his computer desk doing genealogy. That was one of the last times I saw him doing it and the spirit must have whispered to me that it would, indeed, be the last. Because, at that moment I saw him, I burst into tears and said I couldn't bear the thought of not having him or mom around. He looked at me and just said, with compassion in his sprarkling blue eyes, like he always did, and say "well, we'll all live 'til we die"! I didn't find much comfort in that at the time. I couldn't quit crying. I wonder what he thought!

I love the new poem you wrote about dad. You wrote the first one, too, didn't you? You have a wonderful talent. I always enjoy reading your poems. You say it like I feel.